Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kiwi Oh Kiwi


It has been such a while since I updated my blog. Well, what am I up to? I am now in Bay of Plenty, working as a grader in a kiwi pack house. The life here is so much different compared to the life I had in Hastings – well, what should we expect in a backpacker? People from different countries; speaking different languages; living different lifestyles. I specifically enjoyed the time when everyone were busy preparing dinner in the kitchen. The kitchen was like a United Nation, with people of different skin colors; trying their very best to cook their own meals. I have to admit that I actually picked up my tiny little passion on cooking here. I am sure my mom will be very delighted to see her lazy daughter cooking. I bet she will.

I am lucky enough as I am now home staying with a kiwi couple, and by so, I get to know how kiwis live their lives. The home stay I am now in is indeed a very nice and comfortable place; it gives me the feeling as if I am in a house in one of those fairy tales. The house is surrounded by flowers and trees; it has a small vegetables farm and not to forget a little house for the chooks.

We have breakfast together every morning, go for groceries shopping every Sunday, cooking nice meals on the weekends. After spending a few weeks here, I realize life actually can be as simple as that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you are so fine at there. A worthwhile choice make by you to visit NZ. Btw, a couple of kiwi are so lovely coz they are in love shape.

~The Mighty Blogger~ said...

May i know who are you?

Anonymous said...

Travel Lover